Sedbury Space has been established as a community group and charitable organisation to:
- enhance community cohesion and inclusivity;
- encourage participation and volunteering;
- promote physical, mental and emotional well-being;
- provide improved access to services and advice within the local community;
- provide a valued community space that will complement other community venues and facilities
To enable them to fulfil these aims, the Trustees of Sedbury Space encourage all who engage with the charity to aspire to the following values as they carry out their volunteer tasks and develop relationships.
We seek to:
Provide a Welcome
- We are welcoming and inclusive to all;
- We are friendly, approachable and easy to talk to;
- We are non-judgemental and presume the best of everyone;
- We are generous and helpful and love to generate smiles.
- We work collaboratively and seek to achieve the best for everyone;
- We encouraget and support the involvement of all;
- We work in partnership with others and seek positive change
- We freely express gratitiude and recognise each other's achievements.
- We maintain confidentiality when it is needed and respect privacy;
- We listen carefully to everyone and speak well of each other;
- We are kind, caring and compassionate to all;
- We are patient and respectful to others' views and opinions.
Act with Integrity
- We are always truthful and honest in everything;
- We are forgiving and seek to be at peace with one another;
- We are willing to learn and respond positively to feedback;
- We seek to understand one another and develop self-awareness.
The Trustees recognise that none of us are likely to be all of these things but hope that we would all seek to emulate these values, offer our strengths and work on our weaknesses.